Monday, December 7, 2009

A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words

I uploaded and posted our NYC photos on my blog. http://imanolagirl.blogspot.com/2009/12/nyc-recap-in-pictures.html
It's a quicker way to learn about our NYC trip than my ridiculously long post about it. And the pictures just make the whole thing come to life!


Speaking of pictures, I have asked my parents for a camera for Christmas, and I am so excited because I am pretty sure this wishlist item will be sitting under the tree come Christmas morning. I call it "the mom camera" but the real name is the Canon EOS Rebel XSi. All of our friends with little ones have them, and their pictures are always beautiful! I love that it captures moments as they happen. With the camera we have right now, you have to wait several seconds before the camera self-adjusts in order to take the shot. We miss a good deal of the real life moments waiting for our camera to "think."

For some reason, I think just by having this camera I will become a really artistic photographer who sees these magical things through the lens of my Rebel. I have a feeling there's a little more to it than that though. I would love to take photography lessons at some point so that I can understand angles and shadows and lighting, but until then I'll have to just cross my fingers and shoot from the hip.
Have you ever taken a photography class?? Or do you have any good photography tips that a novice might be able to use??

No comments:

Post a Comment