Sunday, December 20, 2009

I heart Etsy!

I'm so glad that Angela requested a post about Etsy, because Etsy is one of my specialties---shopping specialties, that is! I love Etsy so much, and can honestly say that almost everything I buy online is from either Etsy or Ebay. I was showing a friend my baby's nursery today and didn't realize how much had come from Etsy or Ebay until I started looking around---the bedding, three pictures, the fabric for the pillows, the changing pad cover, the wall letters, and even the sound machine all came from Etsy or Ebay. I love finding a good bargain, and love when I can buy handmade even more.

Here are some of my favorite Etsy sellers---all are kid/baby related, but since I'm a full time mama that's pretty much what my world revolves around!

1. The Polka Dot Tot Spot has the cutest stuff, but the cloth play blocks and jingle balls are my favorites. They make great baby gifts and the prices can't be beat! I like the fact that you can throw these into the washing machine and you know they aren't going to have any crazy chemicals/lead/toxic paint that so many of us worry about being in our children's toys.
2. The Sassy Stork makes the best car seat covers. When I ordered mine, she was making custom covers for only $50---I just had to send her two yards of coordinating fabric and she created the most adorable car seat cover for my little one (not the one pictured below, but it's just as cute). I don't see that she's doing custom orders right now, but you it couldn't hurt to ask if you're interested!
3. Bits for Baby is one of my all-time favorite Etsy sellers. I've bought pretty much every onesie that she has made for baby boys, and at only $8 each, they're a steal! She's on hiatus until after the holidays but this is one shop you must bookmark and check back after the new year. You won't be disappointed!
4. I had Little Cupcakes make the green outfit on the left for my 2 year old and it's one of my favorite outfits she has ever worn. Little Cupcakes also has a website that has a more extensive list of products. LOVE this!
5. My daughter was born with more hair than a lot of toddlers have, so she's been wearing hair bows since she was just a couple of weeks old. Through the years I've bought many a bow, but LiliBug Boutique might just have the cutest and biggest array of bows I've ever seen. This pumpkin bow is in our collection, along with many other LiliBug bows.

6. Itzhero is also on break until January 8th, but it's one of my favorite shops for toddler gifts. Every child loves a super hero cape, and these can be customized with the child's name and any assortment of colors you'd like. I've given this as a gift a few times and it's always a hit.

That's all for now, but I'll be back soon!
Love, Muffie :)

2 comments:

  1. Muffs, Love your post. I'd like one of each, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness!!! I can't take all of this cuteness! I love everything you listed...I would expect nothing less from YOU. :)

    ReplyDelete