Thursday, November 19, 2009

Trixie's Ten Things

1. What are some of your family traditions? Since it is getting close to Christmas (who else is already listening to Christmas music besides me?!?!), I will go with some Christmas traditions...Ever since I was little, we have gone to the family service at church on Christmas Eve. It is my favorite service of the year, aside from Easter. After church we always go to my aunt's house for dinner with the whole family, and on Christmas morning we always go to my grandmother's house for breakfast.

My parents used to torture us kids every Christmas morning by making us sit at the top of the stairs while they yelled out things like "Wow, it is a toyland down here!" or "Boy, Santa sure went all out this year!" We would be dying to get downstairs to tear into our gifts, but we weren't allowed down until Mama had her coffe, the tree was lit, and the Christmas music was playing. I am happy to say that The Farmer and I have kept that tradition with our kids!

2. Do you know how to change a flat tire? Um, no. Right after The Farmer and I got married, I got a flat tire on the way home from my parents' house. At the time, The Farmer and I were living an hour-and-a-half away from my parents, and the flat tire ocurred about halfway home. First I tried to fix the tire myself, but I couldn't get the darn bolts loosened even a tiny bit. I tried to call The Farmer but couldn't get in touch with him, so I finally called my dad. I had to wait in this gas station/Subway shop for 45 minutes until he could get there. It was no fun. Seems like I would have learned after that, but I still haven't...

3. Do you subscribe to any magazines? What are your favorites? I subscribe to Parents, Parenting, Southern Living, Coastal Living, and InStyle. I have also asked for subscriptions to a couple of home magazines for Christmas. My faves are InStyle (I have been subscribing to that one since college) and Southern Living.

4. What are your top three favorite office supply items? Oh, boy, do I love office supplies! My favorites have to be planners (do those count?), pens (I am always searching for the best ones -- I love the Sharpie pens), and highlighters in pretty colors.

5. Are you a good public speaker? Hell no. I am shy, shy, shy. And, I have the unfortunate ability to turn beet red if all eyes are fixed on me. Yuck.

6. How do you feel about acronyms? Just fine, FYI.

7. What’s the most creative things you’ve ever done? Creativity and I don't really belong in the same sentence. However, Muffie, my sister, and I hosted a baby shower for my sister-in-law a week ago, and I think we were pretty creative in that. And, I shamelessly copied Muffie and made myself a fall wreath like she did. But coming up with something creative on my own? Not gonna happen, folks.

8. I’d rather jam a pen in my eye than…speak in public, lose to my alma mater's rivals, change clothes in front of other girls (or boys, really)...I could go on.

9. What company has the best advertising? Like Lola, I like Bud Light commercials -- and, hey, I just like Bud Light. I also think Mac has some good ones. For the most part, I try to avoid advertisements.

10. When is your birthday? May 31. I used to really like this birthday until I met The Farmer, and he told me that I was born at a really inconvenient time of the year (he is really busy with harvest season then). I pretty much never see him on my birthday. Luckily I have good girlfriends who make up for The Farmer's absence!

Okay, Muffie and HoneyBun (I can't believe we are calling her that...), it is your turn!

Trixie

2 comments:

  1. Trixie, I have a question for you. What do you do with your magazines when you've finished reading them? It drives Doc crazy, but I keep every issue (other than People) just in case. I have three years of In Styles sitting in boxes in our attic. I have this vision that one day I will create a "scrapbook" of all of my favorite things from every issue, but I am beginning to think that will never happen.

    Just curious what fellow readers do...

    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to keep mine, but I have started chunking them (recycling them, actually -- Muffie would be so proud!). I keep my InStyles for a couple of months, and I tear out pages that I really like. Same with my Southern Livings. Most of the others go straight to the recycle bin when I finish them.

    Trixie

    ReplyDelete