Friday, November 20, 2009

I guess it's my turn now!

Muffie's Ten Things

1. What are some of your family traditions? When I was growing up, my favorite Christmas traditions included going to the candlelight Christmas Eve service at church, waking up at the crack of dawn, impatiently waiting until my parents and grandparents had bathrobes on and coffee brewing before we were allowed to peek in the living room at our presents, and eating breakfast casserole and stollen after all the gifts have been opened. Hubby and I are continuing these traditions with our own children and I hope they will do the same with their families one day. Another tradition that we started last year and plan to continue is having a birthday party for Jesus on Christmas Eve. We make a cake, have candles, and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus---it's a great way to talk about the true meaning of Christmas with young children who sometimes get too focused on the gift aspect of the holiday. :)

2. Do you know how to change a flat tire? I know how a person is supposed to change a tire---all of the steps and I've watched it be done---but I've never personally changed a tire. Isn't that what boys are for? :)

3. Do you subscribe to any magazines? What are your favorites? I love magazines, although I don't have nearly enough time to read them as I'd like. I subscribe to Parenting, Parents, Southern Living, and Real Simple. I don't subscribe to it, but I buy US Weekly pretty much every week. That would be a great Christmas present for me if anybody is trying to come up with ideas...hint, hint!! :) I guess I'd say that US Weekly is my favorite, but Real Simple comes in at a close second.

4. What are your top three favorite office supply items? Oh my gosh, I have no clue! I'm not a very organized person, nor do I have an office, so I can't even come up with an answer for this one. I do have a really cute planner from Mom Agenda but I'm not very good at actually writing in it.

5. Are you a good public speaker? I don't know if I'm necessarily good at public speaking, but I like to speak in public! Speech was one of my favorite classes in both high school and college, but as a full time mommy I don't have many opportunities for public speaking unless you count shouting across a parking lot for one of the monkeys to stop running.

6. How do you feel about acronyms? LMBO! IDK, I'd probably say a BF yes to this one! My DH and BFFs have made fun of me for years for my overuse of acronyms. BTW, this question made me LOL. :)

7. What’s the most creative things you’ve ever done? Not sure what the most creative thing is, but my creative side has been coming out more and more. I've started sewing and have made headbands, crayon rolls, burp cloths, my daughter's Halloween bag, and even a dress. I've made an art display for our playroom, tutus for my daughter and some friends, and most recently a fall wreath for our front door. Like Honeybun (still can't believe we're calling her that on this blog!), I've enjoyed creating my kiddos' nurseries as well. My newest baby's nursery might be my favorite, although it's still a work in progress.

8. I’d rather jam a pen in my eye than… have dental work done. For some odd reason, I have tremendous anxiety about going to the dentist even just to have my teeth cleaned. It's terrible. One of my best friends just happens to be my dentist, and she gave me the bad news earlier this week that I have a cavity and must get a filling next month. This will be my first filling in at least 15 years, and I feel sick even thinking about it. Luckily, she is such a good friend that she is going to prescribe me some nice drugs to help me get through it without having a panic attack!

9. What company has the best advertising? I'm a sap....I love the Publix commercials because they always make me cry!

10. When is your birthday? March 8th, greatest day of the year!

Muffie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment