Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A dilemma for Honeybun

Hello! I am Honeybun. This is the name I aspire to use when I am a grandmother (in hopefully no less than 25 years). I have a seven month old daughter, Duck(a nickname that we stole from Lola & Doc), and she needs to have some brothers and sisters before we start thinking about all of that!

Here is my dilemma. My husband, ACP, loves to cook (praise the Lord), but is a little bit of a monster in the kitchen. We have very nice dishes but they are chipped and cracked. I'm completely type A and I can't look at cracked dishes anymore. My new vision is "french cafe" something hearty and white that won't break easily but still looks nice.

I found this set at Crate & Barrel and it received fabulous reviews. People said they had the set for 20 years without a break! I thought it was perfect. We bought the set, it arrived today, and I hate it. That is the downfall of online shopping but what do you do when the nearest C&B is hundreds of miles away? You take a chance. Well, I'm at a loss. If anyone out there has some good suggestions as an alternative please send them my way!

I found this other set at Target but it just isn't quite as substantial as I would like. Do you think I should sit with the current set I have and maybe it will grow on me or do you have better ideas?

Love,

Honeybun

6 comments:

  1. Hello Honey Bun! We have the Pottery Barn Great White Coupe set and it has lasted almost four years with not a scratch. I LOVE it! I say if you aren't completely happy with it, send it back and keep looking. You'll keep looking even if you decide to keep it and then just feel regretful. That's worse.

    PS - I love that little Duck. She's getting so big. How is it possible that she keeps getting cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out Ballard Designs, I got a 16 piece set there for everyday china and I love it! They've been selling it for at least 3 years, so its not going anywhere if you need replacements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so this is not at all inexpensive, but I have wanted to start this in white: http://www.europeantableware.com/product_info.php?products_id=3506

    And, I love your everyday china that you already have!

    xoxo, Trix

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pottery Barn's Caterer's set is great and I have the Roulette set from Crate and Barrel and LOVE it. The best thing about Crate and Barrel is that if you have replace anything (which I haven't yet in six years) it's not too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, all! These are such great suggestions. Susan I agree with you about C&B...it is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete