Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's An Addiction

I love boots. Boots are so fun -- they can be dressed up; they can be dressed down. I am currently loving the look of boots over the top of skinny jeans or worn with a dress and tights. I love boots so much that I have way too many pairs to my name...

Exhibit A:

I bought these Naughty Monkey boots a couple of weeks ago. I had had a pair of brown boots from J.Crew for years. The Farmer got them for me the first Christmas that we were married -- almost 8 years ago now. I have loved those brown boots, but they have started to look a little dated so, I was in the market for some new brown boots. I found these on Nordstrom. They are comfortable and cute and a pretty shade of chocolate. The only problem is that, while I was packing to go out of town last weekend, I found another pair of brown suede boots that I had bought last year and had forgotten about! Luckily they are a lighter brown and flat, so I didn't totally double-buy but I felt really stupid! Just please don't tell The Farmer -- he would kill me! I like my Naughty Monkeys better than last year's pair anyway...

Then there is Exhibit B:

I just ordered these Frye cowboy (cowgirl?) boots last night. I had decided that I wanted some last year, and I even ordered a pair, but then they were backordered. And I bought a Dooney & Bourke bag with my Christmas money instead. I found the Fryes on Piperlime a couple of weeks ago and put them in the shopping cart but never pulled the trigger. Last night I got back on Piperlime and found that the size that I had in my shopping cart was sold out. I am between a 7.5 and 8, so I originally put the 8 in my cart; however, since the 8s were sold out, I decided to hurry up and buy the 7.5s. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will fit!

I figure that these cowboy (cowgirl?) boots are less expensive that the ones that I bought last year, I have a rewards certificate from GAP to go towards my purchase, I have a bit of a credit on my GAPcard, and I will use some Christmas money to pay for them, so I am saving money, right?!?!

And, finally, Exhibit C:
I know that people have a love/hate relationship with Uggs: they either love them or they hate them. I don't have any, but I think they are cute. I know, I know -- people say that they are sweatpants for your feet, but I think they can look pretty cute over jeans. Really, people -- I have seen that look with my own eyes, and I think it can be cute! I would love a pair to wear around town when I don't feel like really dressing up with other boots. And, I have a pair of Danskos that I heard that I had to have because they are so comfortable and wonderful and blah, blah, blah...and I hate them. I only wear them every once in a while, and I always roll my ankle in them. And they are so ugly (sorry if I am offending anyone...)!

Anywho, Miss Priss has asked for real Uggs for Christmas. We have always gotten her the knockoffs from Target, and they have been fine in the past. However, she had a friend who had the real deal last year, and she has decided that she needs the real deal, too. The Farmer and I decided that, since it is from Santa Claus, Miss Priss can get the real things. Since there has been so much talk about Uggs around our house lately, The Farmer got the idea in his head to get me my very own, real Uggs for Christmas. He spilled the beans when we were getting ready to go to a football game in the cold a couple of weeks ago; he thought that maybe we could just swing by someplace and get some before the game. That didn't happen, but I am glad that I know what he is planning so that I can have some input into just which Uggs he gets -- The Farmer is a great guy, but sometimes he struggles in the gift-giving department.

So, there you have it: my boot obsession. I really could apply this obsession trend to pretty much anything that has to do with fashion -- clothes, makeup, shoes, bags, jewelry -- but we won't go there tonight. Suffice it to say that I need to do a better job of watching my pennies...but, like Scarlett, I will think of that tomorrow...

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

Trix

No comments:

Post a Comment