Monday, November 23, 2009

All I want for Christmas...


Peace on Earth? No. College Savings fully funded for Duck? No (well, yes, but not this year). The Barbour International Jacket. For years ACP has been saying that I NEED a Barbour jacket. I don't know how much anyone actually NEEDS a Barbour jacket. We don't live in England, we do live where it is sweltering hot most of the time, and I haven't found one that I am in love with...until now.

Which brings me to my next point to all of you reading this blog. I hope you don't make the same mistake I do and set your sights on a big Christmas present early. This year I was in Charlotte with my mother in law and I happened to see that one of my favorite jewelry stores was going out of business and everything is at least 10% off. This was the perfect storm: A deal and something new and sparkly sitting behind a nice glass counter waiting for me. Well, of course, I found something that I could not breathe without that Roberto Coin made ESPECIALLY for me. I called ACP and asked if he didn't want to think about Christmas this year, he said to pull the trigger and now it has been staring at me on his dresser for the past month. Sigh. Now given the choice between the new something sparkly and the Barbour International jacket I would still pick the new something sparkly, of course. However today it was chilly and the International would have been perfect en route to see New Moon.

Not to be depressing but the best part about Christmas presents is wondering what you are going to get and now I have sort of ruined it. Don't tell ACP because he would completely agree with me. Husbands do sometimes know best.

What do you want for Christmas just so I can get some new big ideas?

HoneyBun

No comments:

Post a Comment