Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ten Things on Thursday

I love these little Q&A posts, and I thought it'd be fun for yall to comment with your answers!!
1. What are some of your family traditions? My family has a tradition for just about everything, but my favorite would have to be Christmas Eve. Every year after all of our family parties have ended, my family has dinner at The Steak Knife. And just before we go to bed, my dad reads The Polar Express to us. We have been doing this for as long as I can remember, even after Doc and I got married. I can't wait for the day when we all have kids and my dad is reading it to them. As for Doc and me, we stay at the Le Pavillon Hotel every year for one night around the weekend of our wedding anniversary to celebrate our special day and the special place where we had our reception. It was spectacular!

2. Do you know how to change a flat tire? Hmmm... Once at a slumber party in high school after we had stayed up all night I helped three girls change our friend Katie's flat tire. I've never done it since, so I don't know if I could.

3. Do you subscribe to any magazines? What are your favorites? I sure do! I love getting magazines in the mail!! I am a People, Everyday Food, Southern Living, and In Style subscriber. In Style is my fave!

4. What are your top three favorite office supply items? Oh my goodness, is there anything better in the whole world than the supply closet at work? I love how neat and organized everything is, and it reminds of going to work with my mom when I was little. She would let us play with colored white out - fun! My faves would be, Bic No. 5 clicky pencils, thin tipped Sharpies in every color, and colored 3M tabs.

5. Are you a good public speaker? I absolutely love public speaking. I always have. I find it exciting and exhilirating. I have always dreamed of being a speech writer, but let's be honest, I'd want to grab that speech right out of the reader's hand and say "Here, just let me give it."

6. How do you feel about acronyms? Considering I worked for KPMG for a while, and it in and of itself is an acronym, I got really attached to them. There was one for everything!! And now being married into the military, our use of acronyms has doubled. I think acronyms are great if you know what they mean, but when you don't, it makes you feel like an outsider.

7. What’s the most creative things you’ve ever done? Aside from making fabulously glittery shoes for the Mardi Gras parade I ride in, for our first engagement anniversary I created a puzzle for Doc and sent him around NOLA to find various gifts at different stops across town. At each location he found another puzzle piece attached to a wrapped gift with a rhyme that led him to his next gift. His last stop was a table at Commanders Palace where we had brunch for our anniversary.

8. I’d rather jam a pen in my eye than… be at an away game when the Saints lose. It is so painful to hear all of the smack talk that 65,000 fans will spout out to you.

9. What company has the best advertising? I like Bud Light's advertsising because it is clever and funny and doesn't exploit women (remember the Miller Lite "twins").

10. When is your birthday? November 2nd. It just passed and is on All Souls Day. Growing up, I always thought I special because it fell on a "holiday." I didn't realize that was just a Catholic thing until college! This year I have decided, I will be celebrating my birth year not my birth day. I plan to enjoy every last minute in my 20s.

Have a fabulous day,

Lola

1 comment:

  1. These are so fun to read! That is awesome that your dad read "Polar Express". Love that book!

    And I love that you set up a scavenger hunt for your engagement anniversary - so creative/thoughtful! I bet he loved it!

    ReplyDelete