Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Dream Come True

Hello Honey Bun, Muffie, and Trixie, and Readers!!!

We are here in NYC!!! OMG - it is amazing as always, but especially so since there are twinkling lights everywhere!! this is my third Doc family Thanksgiving in the Big Apple, but this will be the first one where we are staying in the city for Thanksgiving Day. I have always for my whole life wanted to go to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Every year on Thanksgiving my family would watch Miracle on 34th St. I loved watching that movie! And each year when we watched the parade on tv, I would imagine myself being there in person to see it. And finally it is happening. Tomorrow we will wake up on the Upper West Side, and walk three blocks to sit and wait for a Snoopy balloon to float on by. Can you just picture it!!! A lifetime worth waiting for! I would say look for us on tv, but there is no way this Southern girl is sitting outside in the cold to get a front row spot. So instead, just think of us!! We will be making the dreams of a little girl (who might be 29) come true.

Is there something you have always wanted to do? Is there a particular experience you have always imagined having??

1 comment:

  1. I really want to go ice skating at Rockefeller Center with a boy that I am smitten with! Or really I would settle for ice skating ANYWHERE with a boy.

    Have fun in the big apple!

    ReplyDelete