Thursday, January 7, 2010

Global Warming

I don't know about y'all, but I am really enjoying this global warming.

I mean, here we are on January 7th, and there are record high temperatures. I mean, I have spent a lot of my time lately laying out and getting a suntan! It is just beautiful and so warm!

Oh, wait...that's not quite right...

No, instead there are record low temperatures everywhere. I saw a weather map this morning, and it was showing temperatures in the low 50s in Miami. The poor farmers in Florida have ice on their strawberries, oranges, and tomatoes. We are supposed to have that dreaded "wintry mix" of rain, sleet, and snow tonight and into the morning. Our high tomorrow is 40 degrees.

40 degrees!

My poor children aren't going to know what hit them!

I know that there are plenty of places where that is just another winter day, but not here in the South. I, for one, hate cold weather. In fact, as soon as Christmas is over I am ready for the temperatures to spring back up to at least 70. I keep thinking that I would love to be in the Keys to escape this mess, but even that isn't far enough south!

I don't know about you, but I sure could use some global warming right about now...

Trixie

No comments:

Post a Comment