Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bring it 2010

This is Honey Bun. Can I start out by saying that I am THRILLED it is 2010 for so many reasons.

1) I'm turning 30! Age is just a number...an AWESOME number. For those of you who don't know me...my voice sounds like I am an eight year old. I convinced myself at 25 (my last benchmark age) that 30 is when my voice would change for good. 30 is when people start taking you seriously. 30 is when you have enough life experience to have an opinion or be an expert on something. Sure, it comes with a few challenges (aka wrinkles and pounds), but overall it is arguably the perfect age.

2) 2010: 20+10=30. Get it?

3) This year I have not one but TWO trips planned. One international (the Holy Land) and a lazy domestic beach vaca.

4) 2008 was terrible. 2009 was a mixture of great things and terrible things. Great things of 2009 are Lily and my job. Terrible things of 2009 are my grandmother dying and being 29. Oh age 29, you carry all the responsibilities of a "real" adult but none of the respect.

5) Alabama is winning the national championship game. My grandfather is very sick with Leukemia. I've never seen anyone as passionate about a sports team as my grandfather is about the Crimson Tide. Lola might argue that she is the most passionate fan...I will grant Lola the most competitive and well versed sports (specifically SAINTS) fan in the nation but my grandfather has been a fan for many more years...a passion that can only come with time. This is clearly an early call with 1 minute left in the third quarter and a Texas TD, but Alabama is well positioned for the win.

6) Surprises. I typically hate surprises but there is something so exciting about the wonder of a new year. What will happen? What does the future hold? I hope for all great things for you and your families.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that your grandfather got to see Alabama win a national championship. What a game they played! I will gladly acknowledge him as the most passionate fan. Maybe he can send some of his winning mojo the Saints way!!

    Lola

    ReplyDelete