Monday, March 1, 2010

A dress for Tuesday

HoneyBun here. Hello again! As a working mother I am never prepared for Tuesday. Everything basically falls apart so the last thing I want to think about is looking presentable. Typically I wear a "Tuesday dress."

Tuesday dresses must have all of these qualities:
1) No ironing. That's a layup. What we are looking for here is a silk jersey type fabric. Or, lets face it, poly/spandex will also do the trick. A dress that you could literally pull out of your closet, or off your chair, or out of your suitcase and wear.

2) Cute. When life is spinning wildly you at least want to look adorable, right?

3) Washable. If only the dry cleaner could come to my house! This would be where poly/spandex comes back into play.

Here are a few of my favorites:
This is Donna Karan: A little dressy but great if you had an evening function after work.

Diane von Furstenberg, we KNOW you can do a wrap dress...but how do you always do it so irritatingly well? I'm obsessed with this one.

Emilio...even at 60% off you are still too expensive for my closet. However, if I lose 20 pounds and win the lottery, I will be knocking on your door.


So, at the end of the day, or every Tuesday, you'll find me in a good old Target dress like this one above!

1 comment:

  1. I love a good Target dress. And I agree on the fack that it needs to be easily picked up off a chair (or say the floor of my closet). that's when the "de-wrinkle) cycle of our dryer comes in extra handy!

    ReplyDelete