Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Currently Loving...

Hi, it's Trixie!

Remember me?

No?

I know, I know...I haven't been here in quite a while. So, I thought I'd stop in to tell you about 2 quick things that I am currently loving...you know, so you don't totally forget me...

Anywho...

1. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion:





I was complaining to Lola and Muffie the other day about the state of my eyelids. Every day I put on my eyeshadow and eyeliner, and everyday I end up with eyeliner making a sort-of circle on my eyelid. It just does not stay put. I have tried several things to keep the darn eyeliner in place to no avail. Lola suggested that I try eye primer, and she told me that MAC had a good version.

I set out to get the MAC primer, but before I did, I was on Sephora and found the Urban Decay one. Since I also like their eyeshadows (below) and the Eyeshadow Primer Potion got great reviews, I decided to give theirs a try.

I love it!

It makes a huge difference. I will still sometimes get a faint line from the eyeliner on my eyelid, but it is much more bearable than before. I highly recommend this product (and, no, no one paid me to say that...)!




2. Pandora

Maybe I am the last person on earth to learn about this, but I love Pandora! I don't have iTunes on my work computer, so when my sister isn't there to play her iTunes (or when I get tired of listening to her music selection...) I would get bored of listening to silence all day. I read about Pandora on another blog recently and decided to see what it is all about.

And it is great!

You just put in an artist that you really like -- for instance, my boyfriend, Michael Buble -- and it creates a station for you of that artist's music and other similar musicians. So, on my MB channel, not only do I get MB, but I also get Nora Jones, Frank Sinatra, Harry Connick Jr, and John Mayer. And, if they ever play something I don't like, I can give the song or artist a thumbs down (like, for instance, John Mayer...ugh, that guy...), and they won't play it anymore.

I have also created a station around Taylor Swift and another around The David Crowder Band. All three stations are so, so good.

It is Trixie favorites all the time -- I can't get enough!

Okay, peace out...hopefully I won't stay gone so long this time!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Yes, LOVE LOVE LOVE Pandora...except for that monthly limit they put on. Boo!
    Gotta try that eye primer. Sounds like something right up my alley. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trixie,
    I need the help of the 3 rights (and the left, but I don't know her :))

    I am looking for a great, black tote. Something for everyday that is big enough to carry my junk, but not so big I have to carry around several books to warrant a bag so big. $200 or less....any ideas?!

    ReplyDelete